Raise your hand if you struggle with staying focused and motivated!
Did you raise your hand? I know I did.
Do you feel like your brain is always packed so full of a million ideas and another million things you need to accomplish each day?
There never seems to be enough time to do it all, but when you do have the time, you want to make sure you're as focused as possible so you can get the most important things accomplished.
If you're anything like me, having so much to do leads straight to a lack of focus and motivation. There is nothing worse than when you know you have a massive to-do list can't seem to get moving in the right direction.
I am always on the hunt for anything that will help keep me focused and productive. I've tried some of the fad supplements and drinks claiming to increase focus and enhance mental clarity, but they usually just leave me in a jittery mess.
Who can get any work done when you feel like a bundle of nervous energy?
Enter Young Living Essential Oils
A friend introduced me to Young Living essential oils over a year ago. You hear about essential oils and all the awesome things they can do everywhere you turn. After learning more about the health benefits of the oils and loving how great they smelled, I was hooked.
I purchased a starter kit which came with an oil diffuser, ten starter oils and a ton of cool samples to share with friends and family. Buying a starter kit also provided me with access to purchase Young Living products at discounted pricing.
I never realized how life changing an essential oil could be till I began using them. I now have a ton of favorite oils I'd love to tell you about, but this post is about focus, concentration, and motivation, so let me start by telling you a little about Young Living oils.
A bit about Young Living
Young Living oils are therapeutic grade essential oils. Some of their single oils have recently been labeled safe for internal use as per the oils directions. No other company that I am aware of can say this about their oils.
They offer a Seed to Seal guarantee on all their oils, meaning from the moment the seed is sourced to the time it is sealed in a bottle, they apply rigorous quality controls to ensure the customer receives top quality, safe products.
The fact that this company goes the extra mile to make sure it's customers receive the safest and best quality products goes a long way in my book. We all want to use the best products we can get around our precious families.
So far, I've loved everything I have tried from this company.
Can you use a little Motivation, Clarity or extra Brain Power in your day?
I'm a website developer and my job requires me to stay self-motivated and super focused while working on stressful tasks. I also usually have a to-do list about 8 miles long each day. I bet you do too!
When I first decided to expand my starter oil collection, the first oils I wanted to try were the ones that would make it easier for me to get through my jam-packed days.
That's when I found my favorite three powerhouse oil blends: Motivation™, Clarity™ and Brain Power™.
These three essential oil blends sit right next to my desk, and I use them daily. I dab them on, I breathe them in, I diffuse them, and it always seems like the fog begins to lift, allowing me to concentrate on the things I need to get done.
When I feel like I am starting to struggle a little with completing a task or even starting one for that matter, I reach for them and get back to work.
I use all three oil blends at the same time but have also used them individually and still get great results.
Let me share with you a little information on each of the oil blends and what they are used for.
Motivation™ Essential Oil Blend
What's in Motivation that makes it so great
- Roman Chamomile is a calming oil which helps to clear the mind and creates inner peace.
- Spruce is a grounding and releasing oil. Promotes feelings of empowerment and encouragement.
- Lavender oil helps to ease stress, promotes balance of the body and well-being.
- Ylang Ylang works to restore confidence and improves balance.
What it's great for
- Overcoming procrastination
- Improves concentration and mental acuity
- Purges liver toxins
- Opens and releases emotional blocks
- Restores confidence
- Stimulates feelings of action and accomplishment
Clarity™ Essential Oil Blend
What's in Clarity that makes it so great
- Basil alleviates mental fatigue, enhances concentration and sharpens the senses.
- Cardamon is uplifting, invigorating and refreshing.
- Rosemary Verbenone reduces mental fatigue and is energizing.
- Peppermint increases mental accuracy.
- Rosewood creates feelings of peace and helps to relax the mind.
- Geranium helps with hormonal balance and discharging toxins.
- Lemon is invigorating and promotes health and physical energy.
- Palmarosa stimulates new cell growth.
- Ylang Ylang increases confidence and helps to balance thoughts.
- Bergamont promotes calm emotions and is uplifting.
- Roman Chamomile is calming and helps to expel toxins from the liver.
- Jasmine may produce feelings of optimism and uplifted emotions.
What it's great for
- Clears the mind
- Increased alertness and wakefulness
- Boosts mental accuracy and clarity
- Increased concentration
- Supports the nervous system
- Energizing and stimulating
Brain Power™ Essential Oil Blend
Brain Power™ is a blend of essential oils high in sesquiterpenes which help to promote a sense of mental clarity and focus when used topically or aromatically. It increases mental capacity and reduces brain fog.
Brain Power works by boosting activity in the pineal, pituitary and hypothalamus glands which increase growth hormone and melatonin.
What's in Brain Power that makes it so great
- Sandalwood is uplifting and relaxing. Increases oxygen to the brain which helps to improve attitude.Cedarwood is high in sesquiterpenes which support the release of endorphins. It is stabilizing, grounding, and calming to the nervous system.
- Melissa is calming, uplifting and may help to balance emotions.
- Frankincense is elevating to the mind. Helps to overcome occasional stress and despair, and promotes a positive attitude.
- Blue Cypress is high in sesquiterpenes which improve circulation and oxygenates the brain thereby encouraging clarity of thought.
- Lavender helps to balance the body, promotes improved concentration and mental acuity.
- Helichrysum boosts feelings of mental calmness and emotional security. It promotes forgiveness and moving forward in life.
What it's great for
- Improved ConcentrationLifting Brain Fog
- Enhanced Focus
- Increased Alertness
- Goal Setting
- Mental Clarity
- Staying on Task
- Staying in the Present
3 Ways to use essential oils
1Just breathe! Open the bottle and take a deep breath through your nose. Tiny airborne molecules go straight through your nose and move quickly up to your brain. This is accomplished via receptor cells in the olfactory organ which sends signals to the limbic system of the brain. This area is connected to memory, emotion, hormonal balance, blood pressure, heart rate and more.
2Essential oils can be applied to places like your wrists, neck and behind the ears. I like to mix in a carrier oil like grapeseed oil to dilute and make the oil last longer but you don’t have to do that for most oils. Just check the directions. You can get a roller ball cap to snap on your oil which makes for a quick, easy and mess-free application.
3Diffuse the oils in your favorite diffuser. Easy enough, right? This might also be a great idea if you are trying to motivate your family to get moving! Sneaky.
Do you need a little focus in your life?
I've learned so much about essential oils and all their excellent uses over the last year. I use them to make amazing cleaning products, wash fruit, clear up tummy troubles, heal burns and insect bites, help my kids drift off to sleep and of course, keep me focused, motivated and on track when I'm just not feeling it.
Feel like you just can't get anything done and you are drowning in a never ending list of things to do with no motivation to get doing? Why not give one of these three essential oil blends a try. They may wonderfully change your life!